Friday, March 30, 2007

The New Normal

Things have returned to a new normal in Salisbury. We have all gone back to our lives of work, church and the daily routines that consume us. The new normal is different because the spunky little lady who was such a big part of the old normal is gone. All is different. The empty place at the Sunday dinner table is most notable for me. Dad seems to be doing alright in the coping department. He has some health issues that I believe are medication related or pain from lifting and helping Mom those last weeks. Doctor visits have been made, revisits and tests scheduled and results will be forwarded to all. If in any of your conversations with Dad, you hear him tell you anything that may concern you, please let Judy or me know. He lives 3 miles away but we don't always hear everything. Dad is walking at the mall several times a week so continue to encourage that. He is back at church and taking part in Wednesday dinners and class functions. I know he has many lonely times, so continue to touch base with him. If there are questions or concerns don't hesitate to call us.

Steve

3 comments:

John said...

In recent conversations with Dad, he indicated he will be seeing a cardiologist about an irregular heartbeat. Also he says he will be seeing a specialist for an upper GI.

He also said that he has exercises for his shoulder but he cannot do them because he is not able to lift his arm.


Am I hearing him correctly?

Ryan said...

Grandpa has an incredible story about his encounter with the invisible man during a recent CT Scan. You should all definitely call to get the first hand scoop on that one.

Anonymous said...

I miss you all and am so glad I was able to come see everyone. I to have returned to "normal" life, but I have found myself every so often reflecting on Grandma and what she has meant to us all. I am thankful for the time I knew her, and for all she has left behind. Her joy and smile will be felt for generations. So, as I take time out of my "normal" life, I can smile and think fondly on her, and miss her.