Soon you will find all sorts of Scott-family related information here. Family photos, letters and notes to each other, new baby announcements, jokes at the expense of other Scotts...all kinds of fun.
For now, I just wanted to get it set up. Over the next few weeks, I'll customize the design a bit. I'll also post some "getting started" tips for those of you who want to participate and use this site to share information with the family, but maybe don't have much internet or blogging experience.
For the newbies: a "blog" is short for "weblog." It's a virtual journal, hosted on the world wide web instead of a paper journal book that you keep between the matresses. We can post messages and announcements to each other ("Jeremy no longer works at the Sock Factory") and we can post photographs ("here's a shot of the latest reunion at Steve's"), etc.
Think of it like this: this is an online version of those Christmas newsletters you all send each other. Some of you are funny, some not so much. Some have photos...some just have text. Here on this blog you have the same sort of information being shared...only much more frequently.
Best of all, this site is free. Using it is free. Registering as a member is free (I'll walk you through that as well). So we can keep tabs on each other and make fun of each other's goofy haircuts in real time, instead of only getting updates once a year.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment